Severe Thunderstorm Warning - Southeast Queensland for DAMAGING WINDS and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in parts of Ipswich, Logan, Scenic Rim and Gold Coast Council Areas.
Issued at 5:29 am Friday, 15 October 2021.
Severe thunderstorms continue to develop across the southeast.
Weather Situation: A low pressure trough is moving across southeast QLD and is triggering thunderstorms ahead of the system as it tracks further east.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 5:25 am, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Rathdowney, Laravale, Border Ranges National Park and the McPherson Range. These thunderstorms are moving towards the southeast. They are forecast to affect Beaudesert, the area between Boonah and Beaudesert and Jimboomba by 5:55 am and Mudgeeraba, Nerang and Mount Tamborine by 6:25 am.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 6:30 am.